Reading time : 1 minute
The eyes, like the mouth and nose, are the gateways for the virus to enter the body. This is why it is important for them to take special care during the Covid-19 pandemic.
The American Academy of Ophthalmology makes recommendations on the subject, in particular for contact lens wearers, as they are more exposed to the risk of infection.
Wearing glasses will help reduce irritation from the lenses and force you to take a break before touching your eye. If wearing contact lenses is the only option, good hygiene can limit the risk of infection:
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds and dry them before handling your lenses
- Clean lenses immediately after removing them
- Place them in a thoroughly cleaned lens case
- Wash your eyes and eye area with a suitable hygiene product
- Add a moisturizing product to your routine to avoid scratching your eyes
Dry, tired eyes, especially from prolonged exposure to screens, can also cause eye irritation and discomfort. Result: We end up rubbing our eyes reflexively!
Using a moisturizing product will relieve eye discomfort and reduce contact with your eyes